Want to become a regular volunteer or connect to a child or young adult through mentoring? Take a look at what we have to offer!
Clients come to Pendleton Place for many different reasons, but all need nurture and support during a period of crisis in their lives. In addition to our highly trained staff, volunteers enrich our client’s lives by sharing their experiences, skills, and talents. People like you can strengthen our programs just by donating a few hours of your time. Whether you are participating directly with our residents, are mentoring a young adult, helping sort donations, working on a special project around the facility, or helping with our fundraising events, you are helping to provide support.
There are many ways you can help Pendleton Place as a volunteer. Our goal is to match your talents and interests with the needs of our programs in order to create the best experience for both you and our children.
Questions about Volunteering?
If you have any questions about volunteering or would like to schedule a group activity, please email us at email@example.com.
Click here to download a volunteer application packet.
Need to pay your $16 volunteer fees for background checks? Click HERE to jump to the dedicated online donation page for fees!
General Volunteer Opportunities
Our current general volunteer opportunities include:
– Managing and organizing our donations closet
– Assisting at the YRC during drop-in hours
– Fundraising events assistance
Groups Are Welcome!
Do you have a group that would like to volunteer? Groups can participate in or sponsor outings or on-site activities with residents (ie. trip to the park, zoo, museum, roller skating, etc.), complete a project around the facility, or help with an event. Please see a sample of our group opportunities below.
*Please, no groups larger than 12 people unless the activity is off-site.*
- Host a Party – Host a party at our place or at your church or business! Sponsor a movie & popcorn night, a pizza or ice cream party, board game night, or any other fun activity.
- Craft Time – Organize a craft for residents. Your group can participate hands-on to help guide them through the process.
- Cooking 101 – Bring your favorite recipe and host a cooking class for our teens.
- Landscaping or Outdoor projects – help make our grounds beautiful and inviting!
- Heavy Duty Cleaning- washing windows (inside or outside) or cleaning baseboards and walls
- TLC for our Vehicles – 4 vehicles that always need some care
Don’t see something you like? We can help create a volunteer activity that fits your group’s interests and needs.
Smith House Volunteers
Please be aware that Smith House volunteers must be 18 years or older. Opportunities include cookouts, homework help, mani/pedi night, arts/crafts, movie nights, etc.
Smith House mentors are trained and vetted through a third party called Fostering Great Ideas. Mentoring requires a two year commitment to spend time with one of our youth, once or twice a month. This might involve taking the youth to the park, out to eat, or to the movies – the ideas are endless and up to the both of you.